PacRim Properties LLC, is currently looking for a driven skilled maintenance technician for both residential and commercial properties. Must be self-motivated with proven skills in general and preventative maintenance. Quality-oriented and a team player. Dependability is a must. Experience in hotels or apartments in a customer setting is ideal.
Must be able to work a minimum of 5 days/wk 40 hours per week, with minimum supervision. Ability to respond in emergencies if needed. Benefits, IRA with company match, & paid time off.
Pay is depending on experience, size of property portfolio assigned, level of training needed to assume full responsibility for property operations. Excellent opportunity for growth.
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the preparation and upkeep of apartments and common areas. In doing so it is important that they practice proper safety procedures and interact with residents, employees, and visitors in a professional, courteous, prompt and friendly manner.
Maintenance and Janitorial staff work, together to meet the following goals:
- To provide clean, well-maintained apartments, grounds and common areas.
- To maximize occupied units and minimize vacancies.
- To decrease down time by completing repairs and cleaning vacant units quickly.
- To promote safe working conditions for employees.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform turn-around maintenance of vacant apartments. This may include painting, carpentry, and general maintenance.
- Perform common area maintenance: (i.e. grounds, parking lots, entryways, hallways, stairwells, parking and storage areas, mechanical rooms, laundry rooms, and shop areas.) This may include removal of daily litter, sweeping, trash removal, etc.
- Respond to tenant requests for minor repairs.
- Provide preventative maintenance on mechanical systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance on life support systems (fire alarm system, emergency lights, exit lights, sprinkler system).
- Clean and maintain equipment properly.
- Follow all safety practices insuring compliance with federal, state and local codes.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and a high level of trustworthiness
- Must possess good mechanical ability
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and properly use tools and equipment
- Must be able to stand, bend, stoop, climb and lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Must be able to respond promptly and effectively in emergency situations
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Must be able to interact well with others, including residents and co-workers
- Must possess a general knowledge of federal, state and local codes and property safety procedures
- Must possess necessary hand tools
- Must have valid Alaska Driver’s License
- Must have reliable vehicle
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
Office is deep cleaned 2x's a week. Surfaces are sanitized regularly each day. Masks, hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies provided at main office.